A class action lawsuit has been settled over claims that the Behr DeckOver deteriorates faster than advertised.
Behr denies any wrong doing but have agreed to settle in order to avoid further cost associated with a lengthy consumer product lawsuit (i.e. DeckOverSettlement.com).
Under the terms of the Behr DeckOver class action lawsuit class members will receive both a refund for the gallons of the DeckOver product used and for any repairs necessary.
Class members in the case are defined as anyone in the United States who purchased DeckOver between Sept. 1, 2012 and May 27, 2019.
- Class members must provide proof of purchase that they purchased the Behr DeckOver Resurfacer product
- The lawsuit is entitled Bishop, et al. v. Behr Process Corporation, et al.,
- Listed as Case No. 1:17-cv-04464
- The Behr DeckOver class action lawsuit is pending in the U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Illinois
- The total settlement amount associated with deckoversettlement.com has not been named
- The deadline to file a claim is 2/27/2019
- Class members who fail to file a claim by 2/27/2019 will miss out on all settlement benefits
- Class Members who wish to object to or exclude themselves from the Behr DeckOver Resurfacer class action settlement have until Oct. 15, 2018
DeckOver Settlement Lawyers (class members)
- Katrina Carroll of Lite DePalma Greenberg, LLC
- Daniel Herrera of Cafferty Clobes Meriwether and Sprengel LLP
- Eric Gibbs of Gibbs Law Group LLP
- Joseph G. Sauder of Sauder Schelkopf LLC
Any questions in regards to the lawsuit can be directed to toll free 1877-235-9549 or email DeckOver@AdministratorClassAction.com.
Class members who choose to file claims via US Mail can send them to: DeckOver Settlement c/o Angeion Group PO Box 15850 Philadelphia, PA 19103.
The name of the lawsuit is Bishop, et al. v. Behr Process Corporation, et al., Case No. 1:17-cv-04464 (N.D. Ill.). The defendants are Behr Process Corporation, Behr Paint Corp., Masco Corporation, The Home Depot, Inc. and Home Depot, USA, Inc. (“Defendants”).
Other Settlement Payouts!